Must Read

Bolivar Commercial to close its doors

Previous Article
Ella Mae Hannah
Next Article
Garry Lee Griffith
Comments (15)
  1. Brenda Keller says:

This is sad news to hear. Communities have yet to realize what they actually loose when a newspaper closes it’s doors for the last time. Brenda Keller

2. Shirley Posey says:

I’m sorry to see & hear that the end of this newspaper is here. I have truly enjoyed staying abreast of my hometown news. It has been a pleasure reading about Gunnison as often as it is published in the paper. More importantly, I’ve enjoyed being in the know about Bolivar County. Unfortunately, I will miss reading about my local sports heroes. As we say in the Navy, Bravo Zulu Bolivar Commercial for a job well and continue success for each member thereafter.

3. Terry says:

So sad. The Bolivar Commercial is the window to the Delta.

4. Charlotte Dunn says:

This is a sad thing to hear…I look forward to reading the paper weekly. It’s my only connection to know what’s happening in my community and surrounding areas. This is going to be real hard to get use to.

5. Connie mitchell says:

This is really sad. I am from Chicago and when I was doing research for my family, I was allowed to look in your big books that held the papers from past years. How would this option be available if you close?

1. Denise Strub says:

We haven’t figured that out yet but I’m sure we’ll announce it as soon as we do.

6. Joyce says:

So sad to hear.
    My main connected response to myself on my country and countywide.
    Wished you the best.

7. This is unbelievable. So sad to hear. wow.

8. Jimmy says:

So sad….”Ye Editor” is spinning in his grave.|
    A few of you might remember who I’m talking about.

9. RON HEWLETT says:

Isn’t the paper going to keep an online edition going?

1. Denise Strub says:

I’m not sure what will happen to our website or Facebook page but we will not be doing an online edition.

10. Gardner Earl Story says:

I will miss My Home Newspaper, Thanks for so many great years.

11. OLLIE L BLAKES says:

gonna miss yall ,OLLIE

12. Linda Quong says:

I’m very sad to read this news. I grew up in Shaw and my dad, Alfred Quong, owned Leadway Grocery and used to advertise in the Bolivar Commercial. Even though I’ve been away from the Delta for many years now, I’ve always relied on the newspaper to catch up on news from home. Thank you for your years of coverage and providing that link to the Mississippi Delta for so many of us.

1. Denise Strub says: